Job Location: Birmingham, AL
Company Name: University of Alabama at Birmingham
Date Posted: 2020-02-26
Valid Through: 2020-03-17
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Responsible for developing and executing strategic communicationthat supports business objectives of UAB Medicine partnerships, affiliations orother cooperative arrangements, to help inform various audiences of importantmessaging, and shape awareness, attitudes, and perceptions of employee andconsumer audiences. Understands the business need, and develops detailedcommunications plans, key messaging, and deliverables. Researches and writes appropriatecommunications across various media (print and digital) ensuring UAB Medicine’soverall mission and messages are communicated positively, accurately,effectively, and consistently.
• Develops and implements proactive and reactive communications in support of UAB Medicine business initiatives, crisis communication needs, and strategic plan with a focus on partnerships, affiliates, associates, and other key external relationships.
• Creates and implements strategic communications programs for key initiatives.
• Supports finance and earnings communications needs.
• Identifies issues and opportunities in health care industry that UAB Medicine would need to be “in front of.”
• Drives employee engagement by developing communication strategies and tactics to keep audience informed and included in UAB Medicine and partner/affiliate initiatives.
• Keeps abreast of industry and competitive news and trends.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or a relatedfield and one (1) year of related experience required. Work experience may NOTsubstitute for education requirement.
• Health care industry knowledge and experience helpful
• Highly developed written, verbal and presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude
• Fluent in various digital and print media applications
• Critical analysis and planning skills
• Adept at using various technologies
• Able to manage and organize multiple priorities to achieve aggressive deadlines
• Collaborative team player
Keywords: CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST work, current vacancy AL, employment job, vacancies Public Relations Specialists