Job Location: Clarksville, TN
Company Name: LG Electronics
Date Posted: 2020-04-28
Valid Through: 2020-05-18
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
Talk about a mantra. Life’s Good with LG!
We offer an environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work and create value. At LG, you're encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill—and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board. We want our colleagues to grow with our global business. That's why we deliver sure rewards for exceptional performance and offer industry-leading benefits. Come join the team!
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Manager to join our new and dynamic team in Clarksville, TN as part of the Human Resources Team!
The Human Resources Manager serves as the strategic “people” partner to the business. This position works in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing facility. As Human Resources Manager, you are responsible for all HR functional areas within the facility to include talent acquisition, employee/labor relations, training & development, communications & change management, workforce planning and employee engagement.
• Leverage leadership development and other training platforms to improve leadership capability to drive business performance
• Develops, recommends various human resources plans and procedures for all personnel
• Plans and organizes activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
• Conducts recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, conducts new employee orientations; employee relations counseling, and exit interviews.
• Resolves complex and broad employee relations problems with a focus on the employee experience and a positive business outcome. Collaborates with Legal and business unit leadership as necessary.
• Collaborates across business units on complex HR special projects and may serve as a mentor and evaluator to line level staff.
• Manages hourly absenteeism and factory turnover. Recommends procedures to reduce
• Manages department records and reports. Maintain company organization charts and employee data. Responsible for data privacy of all records
• Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs. Maintain open door communication.
• Responsible for administration and documentation of Paid Time Off, Attendance, and leaves of absence (FMLA, ADA, W/C, Personal Leave, etc.).
• Collaborates with other HR team members to direct organizational needs, projects, employee events, and initiatives.
• Partner with team members to effectively drive business results and achieve company goals
• Requires flexibility in schedule to cover multiple shifts.
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience (Master's degree preferred)
• 10+ years of progressive experience.
• 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience in human resources including employment, training, benefits, and wage and salary administration, communication and continuous improvement.
• Results and people oriented, with sound judgement and the ability to balance multiple priorities
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen effectively and respond across all levels of the organization
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentially.
• Knowledgeable with human resources laws and federal/state compliance requirements
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
LG Electronics, USA Inc.; LG Mobilecomm USA, Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics