Job Location: Houston, TX
Company Name: Addison Group
Date Posted: 2020-05-04
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
The Human Resource Manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resource function.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Develops and administers various human resources plan and procedures for all company personnel.
• Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
• Implements and annually updates the compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program, and revises as necessary.
• Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program, and cash flow.
• Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
• Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt, and temporary workers; writes and places advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-path program and employee relations counseling; conducts exit interviews.
• Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains organizational charts and employee directory.
• Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
• Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
• Business Acumen.
• Critical Evaluation.
• Global & Cultural Awareness.
• HR Expertise.
• Leadership & Navigation.
• Relationship Management.
• Ethical Practice.
Required Education and Experience:
• A bachelor's degree and five to ten years of human resource experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
• A master's degree in human resource management.
• SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential.