Job Location: Madison, WI
Company Name: Zendesk
Date Posted: 2020-04-29
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Working out of our Madison office and reporting to the Head of Global Compensation (broad-based) this role will support the Total Rewards function as we scale and grow. This position will be a key contributor in our Total Rewards activities and participate in initiatives that will have a real impact on supporting our growing SAAS business.
The successful candidate in this role should enjoy analytical work and problem-solving in a dynamic environment, with the ability to independently prioritize multiple assignments. Strong communication skills are essential to effectively collaborate across different functional teams in a highly dynamic and matrix environment. 2020 will be an exciting year for the team and will be a great opportunity for anyone up for a challenge!
• Be a vital part of the Global Compensation team by supporting Zendesk’s global compensation programs including base pay, short and long-term incentives and equity programs.
• Conduct market studies and analysis to ensure internal equity, external competitiveness, and alignment to the company’s compensation philosophy for all levels of jobs, job families and countries.
• Complete compensation analysis associated with new job requisitions, current employees, and promotion requests by leveraging benchmark, current incumbent, and internal salary ranges data.
• Review and approve offers, ensuring internal equity and pay parity.
• Assists in the preparation and data analysis for use in executive compensation committee meetings or proxy filings.
• Analyze equity files and perform equity program calculations and forecasts
• Participate in the administration and analysis of annual salary and incentive programs, including salary structure creation and maintenance and modeling of incentive and salary increase budgets.
• Conduct complex analysis of data from multiple sources to create various cash compensation and equity models.
• Develop creative methods for compiling and preparing data to management, including but not limited to designing reports and tools to use in compensation-related analytics and dashboards.
• Participate in compensation surveys (e.g., Radford, Mercer, Willis Towers Watson, etc)
• Design, implement and maintain compensation systems & tools to support current and future compensation initiatives.
• Assist with compliance by ensuring applicable employment-related federal and state statutory requirements (regarding employee pay) are adhered to.
• Handle employee or stakeholder queries/issues and escalate them where appropriate
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent industry experience
• 2+ years of relevant work experience in compensation analysis and administration
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and and exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to work collaboratively and take initiative in a quickly growing and global environment
• Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced, global environment, including an ability to multi-task and juggle multiple tasks both big and small.
• Ability to be solution-oriented and help solve problems, make complex / manual processes more effective and automated and deliver creative fixes to nuanced issues
• High proficiency with Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
• Workday and PayFactors experience a plus
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 150,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information