Job Location: Madison, WI
Company Name: WPS Health Solutions
Date Posted: 2020-04-29
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Senior Human Resources Information System AnalystRole Summary:
The Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) Analyst ensures ongoing performance, integrity and security of the organization’s HRIS/Payroll technology, using both internal and external resources. This position designs, develops and deploys dashboards, standardized reports and ad hoc reports related to people data for use by the organization. This role also manages and leads small to medium projects related to HRIS applications.
This role could be a good fit if you:
• Have a strong affinity for HRIS technologies, report creation, systems analysis, process improvement, and problem solving
• Are creative, have excellent communication skills, and are good at problem solving
• Have a passion for bringing Information Technology (IT) and Human Resources (HR) together to work to transform an organization
• Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
• Are interested in expanding your HRIS career, working in a highly regulated and complianced environment
In this role you will:
Perform Systems Administration (60%)
• Fulfill ongoing report requests for creation of new reports, updates to existing reports and creation/adjustments to scheduled reports
• Provide second and third tier support for HRIS applications (e.g., UltiPro) across all areas of HR and the enterprise
• Provide data for all internal and external people data audit requests in a timely efficient manner
• Work collaboratively with IT to align HRIS applications with IT organization strategy
• Perform system and integration testing with sample and live data
• Support development and upgrading of HRIS applications
• Perform ongoing audits of data feeds between HRIS applications and other system (e.g. Deltek, Active Directory, etc.) to ensure data is feeding as required (e.g. timely, accurately)
• Monitor audit findings, responding and triaging appropriately
• Coordinate and assist with day-to-day administration and maintenance for HRIS applications with other team members
Perform Business Analysis (40%)
• Design and develop system solutions (e.g. reports, data feeds, structure design of application, etc.) that align to the needs of the customers and organization
• Create Requirements Definitions and Technical Specifications Documentation
• Assist with research, planning, coordination and implementation of application solutions requirements both independently and with assistance from HR leadership, senior team members, and external vendors or consultants
• Maintain reports and system and process documentation ensuring they represent current state
• Collaborate with audit lead and other parties to ensure best practices are followed
• Lead collaborative meetings with all areas of the business to discuss numerous topics (e.g. project status, deliverables, resources, requirements, interdependencies, etc.) that drive initiatives involving Human Resources
• Work with other departments to identify initiatives that will improve process efficiency, reporting capabilities, data integrity, and effectiveness of current state HRIS applications
You’ll benefit from this experience by:
• Working with a dynamic, high energy, data driven team!
• Being a key member in agile project and operations management through the Scrum framework
• Gain experience with various industry leading applications and platforms like UltiPro, ServiceNow, Cognos, Power BI, and Dell Boomi
• Developing skills around data integrity and accuracy through working in a highly regulated environment
• Working in an environment that serves our Nation’s military, veterans, Guard and Reserves along with their families.
You need to have:
• Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent post high school and/or related work experience
• 1 or more year of related work experience
We also prefer:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business or related field
• 2 or more years of progressively responsible people data reporting experience
• 2 or more years of progressively responsible information technology experience which includes programming experience involving database management
• Experience gathering and documenting technical requirements and translating into actionable project plans
• Experience translating information to a non-technical audience
• Experience working with HRIS
Brandon Dorr, HRIS Manager
Kristin Walther, Data Integrity Analyst
Katherine Salzer, Data Integrity Analyst
Bob Johnston, Senior HR Information System Analyst
Ramon Rios, HRIS Analyst
Compensation and Benefits
• Eligible for annual Performance Bonus Program
• 401(k) with dollar-per-dollar match up to 6% of salary
• Competitive paid time off
• Health and dental insurance start DAY 1
• Vision insurance
• Flexible spending, dependent care, and health savings accounts
• Short- and long-term disability, group life insurance
• Dress for your day
• Innovative professional and cognitive development programs
Who We Are
WPS Health Solutions is an innovator in health insurance and a worldwide leader in claims administration, serving millions of beneficiaries in the United States and abroad.
Founded in 1946, WPS offers health insurance plans for individuals, families, and seniors, and group plans for small and large businesses. We are a world-class claims processor and program administrator for the government’s Medicare program. And we manage benefits for millions of active-duty and retired military personnel and their families.
WPS has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere® Institute for 10 years in a row.
Learn more about WPS.
Our Purpose and ValuesOur purpose is to make healthcare easier for those we serve. Click Here
Our values – Customer Focused, Individual Responsibility, Mutual Respect, and Driven & Passionate – are the core of who we are and how we conduct business every day.
Health InsuranceWPS Health Insurance offers high-quality health insurance plans for individuals and families, Medicare supplement plans for seniors, and group health plans for businesses of every size.
Military and Veterans HealthWPS Military and Veterans Health administers claims and provides customer service and related activities for the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and their beneficiaries.
Government Health AdministratorsWPS Government Health Administrators manages Medicare Part A and Part B benefits for more than 7 million beneficiaries. As one of the largest contractors for the Centers for Medicare & Medicare Services, we’ve served Medicare beneficiaries and their health care providers since 1966.
AriseArise Health Plan provides innovative and high-value health plans to groups and individuals in eastern and northeastern Wisconsin. With our quality Wisconsin-based customer service, Arise offers health care expertise with a personal touch.
EPIC Specialty BenefitsEPIC Specialty Benefits provides businesses group insurance products that cover:
• Voluntary benefits
Stay connected: Sign-up for Job Alerts
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c