Job Location: Miami, FL
Company Name: CoolSys
Date Posted: 2020-01-27
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Req ID VN2025
Vacancy Name Project Manager
Division Source Refrigeration
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:This position is responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation, and tracking of refrigeration and HVAC projects. Provides estimates for sales proposals and job bids; forecasts manpower requirements; manages financial performance on projects and jobs including analysis and reporting on job status and performance; maintains positive working relationships and coordination with General Contractors and subcontractors; and ensures customer satisfaction. Provides leadership and supervision to the assigned construction team. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Planning
• Define the scope of the project in collaboration with sales, engineering and field construction management.
• Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
• Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project.
• Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities.
• Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required.Staffing
• Select staff and/or subcontractors with appropriate skills for the project activities.
• Manage project staff and/or subcontractors according to the established policies and practices of the organization.
• Ensure that personnel files are properly maintained in cooperation with Human Resources Management.
• Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project.Implementation
• In coordination with the Field Construction Manager, execute the project according to the project plan.
• Develop forms and records to document project activities according to company forms and procedures.
• Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured.
• Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project.
• Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project.
• Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards.Controlling
• Write reports on the project for senior management.
• Monitor all budgeted project expenditures.
• Monitor revenue and cost projections and report actual and variance to senior management on a regular basis.
• Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date.
• Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for senior management.Evaluation
• Ensure that the project deliverable are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
• Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
• Document lessons learned to improve performance of future projects.
• Other related duties as assigned.ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES:
• Expert knowledge of tools, equipment, and materials common to the refrigeration, HVAC and electrical trade.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the commercial construction industry, principles and practices related to project estimation, labor forecasting, etc.
• Demonstrated strong customer service skills, ability to proactively address customer issues and concerns.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to lead diverse multi-disciplined workforce.
• Demonstrated knowledge of project management skills including knowledge of automated project management tools.
• Will work in an office environment but field visits to construction sites may be needed.
• May be required to work some weekends and evenings to meet project milestones as needed.EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or construction management preferred.
• Project management certification (PMP) preferred.
• Minimum 5 years direct work experience in project management capacity in the commercial construction, refrigeration/HVAC industry.
• Supermarket/grocery store industries experience a plus.
Employment Type Regular
Location City Miami