Job Location: Morristown, NJ
Company Name: Softworld
Date Posted: 2020-04-28
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Contract to Hire
Job Number: 231867
As a DevOps Architect, your responsibilities include:
• Developing a near term through long term vision for the evolution of the virtual development environment CI/CD pipelines across numerous program requirements.
• Support definition of requirements across multi-security on-premises and cloud-based infrastructures and work closely with Infrastructure Architect to ensure solutioning of a robust architecture for CI/CD Pipelines and all associated tools and environment as needed are established on the base infrastructure to support AFMS’ s DevOps vision is transformed into a reality. .
• Evaluating, Developing or Modifying Developing an end to end secure CI/CD pipeline for the deployment of a complex environment across a variety of deployment scenarios and sites.
• Proactively planning and practicing a Lean/Agile culture, the DevOps Architect will be accountable to provide Continuous Integration/Delivery pipeline tooling expertise, direction, and assistance across all levels of the organization.
• Expertise in Build Configurations, Build Set-Up using appropriate DevOps Tools, the DevOps Architect is expected to Establish, Test and Continuously Administer Container Platform clusters
• Working with vendors to troubleshoot the platform and issues related to integrations with other internal systems, the DevOps Architect shall ensure the pipeline workflows and the tools set-up are functioning smoothly
• Integrating and automating the program security posture and accounting
• Developing and automating repeatable tasks through use of scripting languages and vendor APIs
• Working with development and infrastructure to ensure rigorous processes and procedures are put in place for the automation of deployment and validation of releases
• Acting as the Continuous Integration/Delivery pipeline tooling technical subject matter expert
• Tracking emerging technologies; evaluating their applicability to DevOps goals and operation requirements
• Developing and defining best practices for all users including automated processes for monitoring adherence to guidelines inclusive of 3rd party dependency validation
• Advising and mentoring more junior team members inclusive of Build Engineers, Automation Leads, and Deployments Leads to maximize overall productivity and effectiveness off the team
• Preparing and updating all major stakeholders on the status of DevOps CI/CD Pipeline Configuration and Availability
• Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• Minimum of 10 years of professional experience.
• 5+ years of experience developing, tuning and implementing large-scale, complex cloud system architectures.
• 3+ years of experience developing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines (CI/CD)
• Experience with automation, configuration management, developer workflows and monitoring tools (ability to automate repeatable tasks via scripting)
• Expertise with Continuous Delivery pipelines and the tools used to deliver solutions (such as GIT, GitLab, Atlassian tool stack, Ansible, Nexus, Jenkins, AWS Code Deploy, Azure DevOps, etc.) or comparable substitutes.
• Hands-on experience supporting/developing cloud enterprise technology and infrastructure in Azure and AWS.
• Experience reviewing and managing technical and business requirements for establishing new Azure or AWS platforms.
• Demonstrated skill with at least one or more configuration management/scripting technology (such as Ansible/Chef/Puppet)
• Experience with software security, secure coding, or software assurance tools and techniques
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and deployment of containerized applications/microservices architectures in support of CI/CD pipeline stage execution, DevOps tool deployment and end stage product deployment environments including developing internal container definitions using secure/trusted internal/external repositories as well as standardized reuse strategies.
• Knowledge of development, security, and system administration.
• Experience working with RedHat Openshift Infrastructure design, deployment and operational support
• Experience with logging and monitoring systems such as Splunk, or ELK
• Experience using C/C++, Python, Java
• Experience with Unix/Linux system administration
• Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
• Certified in a DevOps discipline, i.e. SAFe DevOps, Foundational DevOps, etc.
• Current Active Secret Clearance