Job Location: Newark, NJ
Company Name: Sallie Mae
Date Posted: 2020-04-28
Valid Through: 2020-05-18
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Senior Manager, Credit Card Product Manager
Senior Manager, Credit Card Product Manager
Who we are:
Sallie Mae is proud to help Americans aspiring to create the life they want—whether that means helping them make college happen, or something more. Our colleagues across departments and across the country are united in our passion and our customer-first approach. Whether you want to join a growing company, be part of an agile workforce, or gain new skills—you’re in the right place.
Key Responsibilities: Product Management & Development-50%
• Optimize the feature set of our products, by monitoring engagement and improving interactions, based on user feedback
• Support the implementation and timely delivery of Sallie Mae credit card features, rewards and benefits, acting as the business owner between the internal and external partners
• Ensure seamless experiences across all points of interaction
• Identify and implement new features that drives customer engagement
• Manage the end to end product communication to ensure consistency and accuracy across channels and touchpoints
• Manage revisions and implementation of product and pricing disclosures
• Analyze existing portfolio trends and competitive intelligence to influence strategies and make product experience recommendations where appropriate
• Partner with Marketing to implement new collateral or revise existing content across Sallie Mae infrastructure
Card Project Management-30%
• Coordinate with internal partners, key stakeholders and vendors to manage development activities associated with the Sallie Mae credit card program
• Partner with key cross-functional teams and vendors to develop and document scope of activities
• Proactively identify and remediate cross-functional workstream dependencies and risks
• Support enterprise governance report-outs and updates as needed.
Escalate potential risks/dependencies early, recommending solutions for consideration
Risk and Financial Oversight-20%
• Maintain all relevant documentation related to ongoing projects and ensure appropriate monitoring / controls are in place to mitigate risk
• Manage the P&L to ensure profitable returns for Sallie Mae and Shareholders, and alignment with plan
• Ensure the credit card product aligns with SLM policies and procedures; Initiate new projects or requirements to improve infrastructure or address deficiencies
Education: • Bachelor’s degree recommended
• 6+ years of relevant experience related to the job specifications.
• 3-5 years product or project management.
• Prior experience in credit card industry preferred.
• Proficiency with MS Office suite software
• Technical expertise within an organization using Agile development is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Exceptional oral, written and formal presentation skills
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required, including ability to prioritize multiple on-going and overlapping tasks in an efficient and effective manner
• Problem solving and analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to generate innovative insights from analysis
• Experience managing projects, including ability to provide direction to others and successfully generate results
• Direct experience with credit card or other unsecured financial products is recommended
• Previous experience in product management is recommended
• Ability to interact at all levels of the organization and present to executive management
• Demonstrated ability to influence others without direct authority or reporting structure
• Effectively manage external vendors to deliver upon multimillion-dollar contracts
• Self-motivated and results oriented
• Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking
• Excellent negotiation skills
What You'll Get at Sallie Mae:
• Comprehensive Compensation and Healthcare Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision plans)
• Financial Well-being: 401(k) company match, employee stock purchase plan, and basic life insurance and short-term disability are provided to employees at no cost
• Work/Life Balance: Paid time off, time off to volunteer, and tuition reimbursement. In addition, after 6 months of employment, primary caregivers receive 12 weeks of 100% fully paid time off and secondary caregivers are eligible for 4 weeks of 100% fully paid time off, for birth or adoption
• Wellness: Fitness centers/gym subsidies, free Fitbits with step challenges, and wellness education
Sallie Mae is proud to be an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity, disability, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here .
EEO is the Law Supplement . Click here to view the U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please call (855) 756-2007 and choose option 9. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
© 2018 Sallie Mae Bank. All rights reserved. Sallie Mae, the Sallie Mae logo, and other Sallie Mae names and logos are service marks or registered service marks of Sallie Mae Bank or its subsidiaries.
Upromise, the Upromise logo, and other Upromise names and logos are service marks or registered service marks of Upromise, Inc. All other names and logos used are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries, including Sallie Mae Bank and Upromise, Inc., are not sponsored by or agencies of the United
States of America