Job Location: Phoenix, AZ
Company Name: Madison Elementary School District
Date Posted: 2020-04-14
Valid Through: 2020-05-04
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
TITLE: Food Service Manager
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum two years food service experience.
• Must be able to obtain a current Maricopa County ServSafe Certification/Card.
• Require knowledge of principles of managing an elementary/middle school lunch program.
• Require knowledge of personnel supervision and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Require knowledge of quantity food ordering, preparation, service, and storage of food.
• Require knowledge of utilization and maintenance of mechanical kitchen equipment.
• Require knowledge of health and sanitation requirements.
• Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
• Ability to be an effective team member to co-workers and leader to kitchen staff.
• Keep accurate records, prepares reports, and maintains accurate inventories.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with others.
• Ability to walk stands, bend, stoop, reach and lift up to 40 lbs.
• Operate a computer, standard office machines and work-related equipment.
• Operate equipment in a safe manner.
• Relate to students, staff and public in a positive manner.
Plans, organizes, supervises, and participates in the preparation of meals in an elementary/middle school cafeteria. Strive to provide nutritious, high quality meals, excellent service, and nutrition education to all customers.
• Maintain accurate records on production worksheet.
• Assign work to appropriate workers, supervises and participates in food preparation, service and cleanup.
• Train, supervises and evaluates the work of cafeteria employees.
• Prepare weekly and monthly food, supplies and equipment orders within a required budget.
• Oversee daily reports of cash received, estimates needs and orders using approved procedures.
• Check time reports; payroll records and makes necessary reports for Kronos by required deadline.
• Maintain inventory records for food, supplies and equipment, and commodities on a computer.
• Inspect incoming food and supervises food storage using the principles of FIFO.
• Maintain health and sanitation requirements.
• Manage an effective breakfast, lunch and snack program.
• Communicate effectively with staff to improve employee satisfaction and maintain a teamwork environment for all district customers and private sites (if applicable).
• Develop and facilitates school related promotions focused on increasing program participation and nutrition education for students.
• Perform and assigns cashier responsibilities.
• Maintain cooperative, healthy, and safe environment for administrators, parents, children and employees.
• Lift and move items weighing up to 40 lbs., for example stock food items, push carts and food cases.
• Operate a WINSNAP cash register, adding machine, computer and calculator as a part of daily job-related duties.
• Oversee and reviews daily WINSNAP reports and rechecks monies for deposit.
• Able to perform the following functions using the following computer software: Microsoft Word, Excel, Email, WINSNAP and Internet.
• Operate and supervise the operation of equipment in a safe manner.
• Knowledge and communication of current school crisis plan.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by the Director of Food and Nutrition Services.
• Contribute to the team by accomplishing additional duties as assigned.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English as well as the ability to write routine correspondence in English. Ability to speak effectively in English before groups of customer or employees.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations / issues. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and verbal form.
Performance will be evaluated by the Food Service Manager and the Director of Food and Nutrition Services.
Supervised by the Food Service Manager and the Director of Food and Nutrition Services. Supervises all individuals assigned to the school’s Food Service Program.
GRADE / SALARY SCHEDULE / LENGTH OF WORK YEAR:
Grade 14 Salary Range: $15.67-$25.49 (DOE)
School Calendar (10 Days Prior – 1 Day After